5. Do the ‘Beethoven’ shake and soak everyone around you – Every. single. bath.
6. Have your own spot on the sofa
7. Accompany your owner on a run/cycle ride
8. Attend a family picnic – Eko has always been a friendly pup, but one of the ways I socialized him was bringing him along to summertime family parties. He’s always welcome…now that I think about it, Eko is probably the only reason I still get invited to family gatherings.
9. Help your owner bad a date – Hey, Brits! Is this some kind of typo here, or does “bad a date” mean something to you guys? It sounds like something Hugh Grant would say in a romantic comedy, so I can’t be sure it’s a typo. Let me know!
10. Cheer your owner up when they are down
A hug a day keeps bad feelings away
11. Visit a different continent – Now this is one we need to add to our list! Gotta dream big.
12. Roll around in a really stinky, muddy puddle – Yup. Eko thought more of it as a really awesome, fun, splash maker.
13. Ruin a pair or slippers or shoes – I don’t think you can officially be a dog until you ruin your first pair of your human’s favorite shoes.
14. Sleep in your owners bed
Sometimes he forgets to leave room for me!
15. Wake your owner with a big wet sloppy kiss
16. Chase a cat during a dream – It’s the best part of watching him sleep! His feet twitch and he sleep barks like crazy.
17. Learn the word for ‘sit’ in another language – I taught Eko a little Spanish while we traveled along the Mexican border
18. Join in a football game in the park – This list is certainly not referring to American football. Regardless, Eko has played every game of every sport with a ball. In fact, I still owe my friend a kickball after Eko played a little bit too hard!
19. Meet a famous dog
At the National Dog Show we got to meet Eli, a famous 9/11 therapy dog
20. Try your paws at dancing – Another one for our list.
21. Convince your owner you can howl English words – A couple times I’ve sworn that I could hear Eko whine “coommme onnnn” when he was hungry…
22. Get filthy within 30 minutes of a bath – Another requirement for all dogs.
23. Howl along with your favorite song – Eko doesn’t usually howl, but he wailed along with this harmonica player.
24. Ride in an open top car – Not yet.
25. Learn to skateboard – Already on our list! We’re working on it.
26. Have a personalized Christmas stocking – Another one to take care of.
27. Show the postman who’s boss – Can’t we all just get along?
28. Be a ring bearer at a wedding – Easyyy. We can kick this one down the road.
29. Try to follow a squirrel up a tree – What’s the fun of being a dog if you don’t rip out your human’s shoulder while chasing after a squirrel.
30. Go to work with your owner
Another day at the office
31. Have your own social media page – Yup, check it out here.
32. Bound through a forest
33. Have a personalized kennel – Nope, but Eko can’t read that well, so I don’t think he minds.
34. Go on a boat and get your sea legs
Ready for adventure on land or sea
35. Play frisbee on the beach
A little frisbee and a lot of romping – Eko loves nothing more than a trip to the beach
36. Receive your own birthday card
Eko had a rocking birthday in Memphis
37. Steal someone’s lunch when they’re not looking – Never! Well… he may have tried when he was a puppy, but luckily I always caught him. I think.
38. Watch an entire episode of ‘The Washing Machine’ – British people, you’re up! What the heck is The Washing Machine?
39. Eat doggy ice cream
Frosty Paws are Eko’s favorite!
40. Create a diversion and steal another dog’s dinner – My mom’s dog, Scout, has fallen victim to Eko’s thievery more than once.
41. Rug a doggy marathon – Not sure what this one is exactly. Any ideas?
42. Receive a doggy birthday cake – Guess I know what I’m getting Eko in February.
43. Rip the stuffing out of a pillow or cushion – I have a small graveyard of cushions that Eko got to as a puppy
44. Unwrap birthday presents
It counts if he unwraps himself, right?
45. Watch Lassie on TV – Haven’t seen Lassie but we just watched an awesome dog documentary. Check it out.
46. Be in a family portrait – We have plenty of photos together, but not a family portrait. Yet!
47. Have a stand off with your own reflection
48. Have a favorite local pub – Of course! Eko loves our trips to Wrightwood Tap.
49. Star in a YouTube video
Just one of many!
50. Sleep in a boutique dog hotel –
It doesn’t get much more boutique than a hotel with a pet-friendly wine tasting!
Eko can check off most of this list, but it gave me a few great ideas to update our own bucket list. What do you guys think of the Telegraph’s list? Are there any additions you would make? I’m always looking for new adventures and challenges for Eko and I to tackle, so let me know!