Are you ready for a Rhodesian Ridgeback? Not until you’ve read this book!
One of the best compliments I receive is when someone tells me my work inspired them to bring home their own Ridgeback. Of course, inspiration is only 1% of the equation. The 99% perspiration part of adding a Ridgeback to your life requires intense planning and commitment.
Like many, I once eagerly purchased a number of Rhodesian Ridgeback-specific books only to discover they offered superficial descriptions and generic advice. If you want to know what life is really like with the breed, you need much more nuance and substance.
Rhodesian Ridgeback Puppies is the essential first person guidebook I wish had been around when I was first researching the breed. It contains everything you need to begin your Ridgeback adventure with confidence. This book will teach you:
- How to find the best breeders in your area and select the best puppy for your family
- What essential tools, toys and training equipment I recommend
- Invaluable, Ridgeback-specific training advice
- Ridgeback quirks and tendencies to prepare for
- How to train you dog to drive a car (just checking if anyone is actually reading this)
- How to manage your Ridgeback’s diet and weight
- How to integrate Ridgebacks and children
- How to make the most of life with Ridgebacks!
- And much more (lists always say this at the end so I think I am legally obligated to write this bullet point)!
Other books tell you about the breed standard, but this guide shows in detail what makes these amazing dogs so unique. Each chapter is accompanied by high-resolution photos and videos to help bring the breed to life. It also comes with a full-service Ridgeback concierge – me! This book isn’t where the conversation ends, it’s where it begins, and I’m always happy to help with any follow up questions.
Whether your a potential first-time owner, or a seasoned hand, this book offers helpful guidance and resources to make the most of your journey with Ridgebacks. Buy it here! (Or don’t! But if I get a vote, I vote buy!)
Note – I’m currently only offering an ebook version of the guide. A lot of what makes this guide most helpful (links to essential resources, videos, etc) doesn’t translate to paperback. My hope is the guide will be used as a reference document you can pull up on your phone, tablet or computer.